A spacious attic room with a double view: towards the Triple bridge on one side, and to the Ljubljana Castle on the other. A mighty support beam from the original roof construction complements the strip wood flooring.
The room comes with a bright, spacious bathroom with a bathtub.
It is full of ingenious details recalling the Ljubljana pipers, musicians who used to play from the Castle Hill for special occasions.
A peek into history …
Music, not cannons
For some 900 years the Ljubljana Castle has been overlooking the city from atop a hill and is one of the most striking buildings in the area. Next to the castle walls the Pipers’ Tower once stood, which was pulled down in 1813 after French occupation. It got its name from the town pipers who would play their trombones, a trumpet, and a cornet here every day.
The pipers came to the city from Graz in the 16th century at the invitation of the mayor. With their music they signalled the opening and closing of the city gates, and they sounded their instruments on other special occasions as well, when the emperor and other dignitaries came to visit. Their instruments performed the role that cannons and bells played in other cities. It is not known when this tradition finally faded away, but it is reported for the 16th and the 17th century.